Thursday, May 01, 2008

What A Good Girl

ETA: 7:00 a.m., 13 hours since birth of Kitten #1 and no sign of another kitten, plus she's still breathing a little fast and shallow, so she's off to the vet. Updates when we know more.

Rambouillet's birthing center

Waited until the new camera arrived AND had the first one moments before I got home! So I didn't really miss anything.

Kitten #1

Well, okay. I'm missing a second kitten. I am currently FREAKING. OUT. She had the first one at about 6:00 p.m., and it's now 10:30 and still no "second kitten". According to the vet's x-ray, there should be two. We're monitoring her for a while, and we'll take her to the vet if deemed necessary. (We have spoken multiple times with the emergency vet, our regular vet, and my friend the total cat expert, so don't worry that we're stumbling through this advice-less....if you get my drift....)

Rambouillet with Kitten #1

She seems pretty chill about the whole thing. And damn if that ain't one adorable little kitten.

There may be little in the way of sleep....