Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sale PSA for Sewing People (Plus A Bit Of News That Affects No One, Not Even Me, Really)

First up, if you're a sewing type, want to let you know that JoAnn's Fabric chain has a sale going over the Memorial Day Weekend - Simplicity patterns are 5 for $5. Since they're usually in the $14 - $17 range each, a buck a piece is a pretty damned good deal. (Vogue patterns are $3.99 each also, even the fancy designer ones that are usually $25 - $30. So yeah, now's a good time to stock up on Issey Miyake and Badgley Mischka patterns. Hellooo!)

I picked up a tidbit today courtesy of some Myspace wanderings - my ex is married now. And all I can say about that is: Hurray!! Jason and I were engaged for about a year, and we split up, for the best, close to four years ago. I haven't spoken to or run into him in quite a long time, but I really couldn't think of a negative thing to say about the guy - he may feel differently about me, who knows - but he was genuinely a good and kind person with a lot of great qualities and talents. To know that his story since me is a happy one, full of love, that thrills me. Not that I think his whole world would have ended after me, obviously, but I'm glad there doesn't appear to have been a lot of disaster between then and now - the girl he married is the first girl he dated after we split...and I, of course, married Travis, who was the first person I dated! Isn't it awesome to know that the "rebound" girl and guy worked out for each of us! I really do love a happy ending. Congratulations, Jason, truly.