Friday, October 19, 2007

On A Jet Plane

Rhinebeck!!

I have to rhinebeck real quick so I can rhinebeck you what I'll be rhinebecking tomorrow at rhinebeck. I want you to be able to rhinebeck me, so I thought it would rhinebeck if I posted a rhinebeck of me as......

Wait. Let me....shake that off....

Okay. I have to post real quick so I can show you what I'll be wearing tomorrow at Rhinebeck. (Check....yes, that was right.) I want you to be able to find me, so I thought it would help if I posted a photo of me as I'll look, mostly.

If you won't be at Rhinebeck, I wanted to post real quick to show you my latest FO - finally!!

Green Gable

Green Gable is done! Huzzah! And it fits me so beautifully, and I love the colour, and I made the length just right, and it's not too super-big like my previous garment.

Green Gable

Travis likes it too. :-)

Green Gable

I know they're not great great photos - I took them with my camera's three-second timer, so there was a lot of hustling involved.

Green Gable


Green Gable Project Details:
Pattern: Green Gable from Zephyr
Yarn: Queensland Collection Uruguay DK (silk/alpaca/merino blend), five skeins
Needles: Size 6 (4 mm) Addi Lace Turbos 24" circular , Size 4 (3.5 mm) Addi Natura 24" circular, Size 4 (3.5 mm) Takumi bamboo DPNs
Start Date: June 4, 2007 (right after the wedding)
Finish Date: October 18, 2007 (significantly more than Phoebe's five days, but I'm thrilled just to have FINISHED an entire garment.)
Size/Modifications: Knit size medium, added length, and lengthened the ribbing at the sleeves and bottom a bit. I did the waist decreases, but didn't do increases after that, and I'm glad I didn't.

And it also likes quite good with my favourite Anthropologie sweater, which I had forgotten all about until I dug out the winter dry cleaning basket and took everything in to prepare for....well, so far, no cool weather. But in Rhinebeck, I can hope, right? So if it's chilly, I'll look like this:

What I'll look like if it's cold

I am wearing TWO wool sweaters in FLORIDA. Ugh. (These came off IMMEDIATELY after this picture.)

Have a great weekend!!