Friday, April 13, 2007

OCD Post

It's funny how used to something one can become in a relatively short period of time. I'm not actually an official participant in Yarn P0rn Fridays, but it doesn't change the fact that I like to flash fiber on Fridays.

Yesterday I got the BEST stuff in the mail.

Yarn Pirate

Woohoo!

Okay, fine, I'm a liar. I didn't get all that Yarn Pirate in the mail. I did get two awesome skeins of Sknitches and a braid of reee-heeeally gorgeous Sweet Sheep fiber, my club installment. But my mom's in town and I had dinner to make and gifts to open and lots of goat cheese to shovel in my mouth (long story) and so I didn't get around to taking fiber photos.

I'll also owe you a photo of the wonderful and amazing gift my mom brought to me. It's gonna be a sentimental post - beware!

So since I don't have much to talk about, I'll just try to sell you stuff. Not because I benefit from it, but because there are things out there worth having and I want you to be happy. I love to enable - there are few things that give me more joy than getting an annoyed comment or email from someone cursing my name for sending them someplace where they spent part of their grocery money. I'm always happy not to be the only one out there eating saltines for dinner while petting the stash - which brings us to that (stolen) photo up there - that's the giant pile o' Yarn Pirate tastiness that Michelle is putting up in her shop tonight at 7:00 EST. I'll probably avoid it, just because I have about four or five skeins of YP in stash and I must not buy any more. But if you're craving some YP, go nuts!! (In the interest of fairness, I *think* that The Loopy Ewe has some YP going up next week also. But a Yarn Pirate update is always a push-and-shove event no matter where it's put up, so it's best to be on top of all the vendors!)

Oh, and *singsong* I know something youuuu don't knoooowwwwww....

Neener. Neener neener!!

Recommendation of the day (besides Yarn Pirate and The Sweet Sheep and The Loopy Ewe, of course): Soap Deli. I got about four hundred bars of soap last night from her (okay, I'm lying, I got maybe six or seven) and they are Yum-mmy. Most of them go into the "prize closet" (stash of gifts and giveaways for forgotten birthdays or blog contests). Recommendations: Lemon Verbena Mint goat's milk lotion and the Lettuce Gardener's Soap (which I didn't buy but she sent a sample and ohhhh I wish I had.) It'll be enough to tide me over until Rosi starts her business back up again. (Ahem-ahem-ahemahem.)

Big weekend planned for me! I'll try to post if there's anything fibery worth mentioning - I don't know how much I'll really get done, though. Happy Friday!!!