Thursday, February 08, 2007

Little Bit Of Everything

Man, I got an FO, some yarn pr0n, and my new stuff Wednesday Thursday.

First up, the fourth pair of completed socks of 2007.

Socks #4

Project Stats:
Pattern: Cookie's Monkey from Knitty
Yarn: Socks that Rock in "Lucy"
Needles: Crystal Palace size 1
Start Date: January 13
Finish Date: February 7
Mods: Just inserting an eye-of-partridge heel flap instead of the slip stitch one.

Socks #4

They qualify for Project Spectrum, too. And I love the way the yarn pooled - it's crazy how that happens. Adelle made the same pattern in the same yarn, and yet hers look totally different. (Sidenote: this is the very first time I've finished knitting a pattern from Knitty during the same season in which the pattern was released.)

I got my new bag just in time for New Stuff Wednesday!

Namaste Messenger Bag

This thing is big enough to carry everything I could possibly need.

mmm...lining...

I love the contrast fabric, and I've already done my best to stuff the thing full.

Ahh, the room...

I even have a little mascot:

The yummy bag's mascot

Did you spot the new sock in progress? It's just my standard sportweight sock....but the yarn is such fun. And I was being selfless - this one's strictly for Travis, even though I wanted to cast on another sock for me....

Uma socks

It's Sweet Georgia's "Kill Bill" colourway, and it makes me laugh. And while we're on the subject of yarn pr0n....

J-Knits in "Providence"

I picked up a skein of J-Knits in "Providence" from The Loopy Ewe - and I'm very proud of myself for picking this colourway, since it's kind of purple-y and outside of what I might normally go for. Vaguely. Not by much...but it's something.

Apple Laine Apple Pie yarn in Macintosh

And then I got some of the (soon-to-be-restocked) Apple Laine in....um, exactly the colours you might expect.

So yeah, on the one hand, it's a good thing sock yarn doesn't count. On the other hand....sock yarn was really one of the only things I ever bought anyway. So I guess even though I'm following the rules, my stash marathon thing is, uh, not actually going so well. For every pair I finish, I pick up maybe three more skeins, and I'm in deep love with all of them. I need surrogate sock knitters.

I'm going to go snuggle with my Lucy socks and my kitty. Whenever he finds himself not indisposed.

Do you MIND??

"Uhhh...do you mind?? This is terribly undignified."