Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What Lighting?

I've finally gotten around to noticing that my Flickr FO gallery I had posted in my sidebar was for my 2006 knits. I've added the 2007 gallery, now that there's more than one little pair of socks in it.

I finished my commuter socks today. I have officially given up on trying to get pictures in good lighting and have just fallen back on Photoshop to make things look as best I can.

Ribbed, #3

This is my third finished pair of socks of the year.

Ribbed, #3

Project Stats:
Pattern: My own slapdash socks
Yarn: All Things Heather in Charcoal (purchased from The Sweet Sheep)
Needles: Size 2 Crystal Palace DPNs (perfect size for this yarn)
Start Date: January 9, 2007
Finish Date: January 23, 2007

Ribbed, #3

I will definitely use this yarn again, and I highly recommend it and its glorious squishability, not to mention its near-sportweightness. (Yes, sportweightness.) Plus, the socks are super-comfy.

Pattern? Uh....well, I cast on 54 stitches and worked in 4x2 rib for six inches.

Ribbed, #3

I worked an eye-of-patridge heel flap (my favorite) over 28 stitches, picked up the gusset, and decreased to 50 stitches for the foot, which I worked in stockinette. After 7.5 inches, I started a regular ol' wedge toe, grafting at 20 stitches. Cakewalk.

Ribbed, #3

They're exactly the same size. Thank God - I'm pretty bad at that sometimes. The idea was for them to fit Travis perfectly...they fit him almost perfectly.

But they fit ME perfectly. Well oops. S'okay, he can stretch them out. (I love that we can pretty much share handknit socks, though.)

My Monkey socks will be converted from home-knitting to commuter-knitting, since I'm working on the eyelet blouse at home. I hope I don't have too much trouble keeping track of what I'm doing on the bus....we'll see if I end up with socks or dishrags.