Saturday, September 02, 2006

FO Parade!

Okay, time to reveal! I finally have posts that make me look like I do stuff from time to time. That gives me joy.

First up:

IMG_2224

Angora baby booties from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I loved these little things. They were done in the span of one movie (V for Vendetta, if I remember correctly,) and cleverly constructed. This was one-half of a baby gift for friends Gina & Geoff, who will welcome Katharine Marie on or around October 13. (How would you like to have a Friday the 13th due date? Heh.) Rooster was nice enough to let them go:

IMG_2222

The Stats:
Yarn - Lorna's Laces Angel in Aslan, less than one skein
Pattern - from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Needles - Size 5 Clover bamboo dpns
Start - Some night a little while ago.
Finish - Same night, just a little bit later.

A total hit - nobody doesn't like tiny feet and the things that cover them.

The other part of the present, and my first ever garment (albeit tiny).

IMG_2228

The Stats:
Yarn - Ecoknits Organic Cotton in Cream (a shade over two 50 g skeins, and I LOVE this yarn - less shed than Blue Sky's organic cotton)
Pattern - from Debbie Bliss Special Knits
Needles - Size 8 Addi Turbos (I think?) and size 7 Susanne's ebony circ (for the ribbing)
Start/Finish - My notebook's upstairs...but I know I went start to finish in five days.

IMG_2229

What a great pattern! And I was a superstar for a while at the baby shower today - I was glad it went over well. I had fun knitting it. The only change I made, and it's not really a change, was to pick up the stitches "wrong" to do the ribbing - I actually like the raised ridge between the stockinette and the ribbing - adds a bit more texture.

And - AND! - on the way to the shower (in Jacksonville, about a two hour drive,) I finished up Travis' socks! FINALLY!!!

IMG_2230

I even managed to get the colours to match up! I'm so stinkin' proud of myself. Travis is too - he couldn't even wait....when we pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant for lunch, he changed his socks right then. Too cute.

IMG_2234

The Stats:
Yarn - Trekking XXL 131 (two skeins)
Pattern - Gentleman's Fancy Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks
Needles - Size 0 Addi dpns...that is, until Brodie got a hold of the sock-in-progress, pulled ALL FOUR needles out of the sock, chewed one to pieces, and hid two others...then I had to switch to some size 0 Clovers (ugh...but then I wasn't nuts about the Addis, either...)
Start - July 4
Finish - September 2 (I did determine I NEEDED to finish these in less than two months...how sad.)
Changes - The only thing I did was remove the six rounds even before the toe decreases. The sock would have been too long otherwise.

Okay, time to devote my full attention to the Arrested Development Season Three DVDs we just picked up.

(Well, my full attention, that is, other than what I'm devoting to the Razor Cami.)