Thursday, August 17, 2006

Erm, Oops.....

Yeah, I know, my posting sucks. I'm supposed to post once a week for SP8 purposes, and I've been failing. And I love writing! But I feel like I should have something to share in order to do so....

I do have some exciting fiber news, but no FOs to share. I'm working on some old WIPs (my Picovoli and those stupid boring Trekking socks for Travis) and have many more WIPs to pull out when I get done with those...plus the things I'm planning to start (Hourglass and Central Park Hoodie are at the top of the list.) Oh, and there's Travis' cousin's oncoming twins. They need goodies. I do have a few FOs, but I can't post them. You know how it goes.

I did get in on the Lucy colorway from Socks That Rock, and I'm anxious for that to arrive. Lucy's the same colors as my kitty Roosevelt, so I'm very excited about that.

I also ordered a few fun and amusing skeins from Sweet Georgia. Her colorways always crack me up - Kill Bill? Priceless.

I also ordered a whole slew of skeins of Debbie Bliss Merino (17 skeins, to be precise) from WEBS. I needed a good wool for my Central Park Hoodie (the one from the latest Knitscene, a pattern I had almost completely forgotten about until my SP giftee, Necia, mentioned it - I copied the pattern before zipping the mag off to her, as she was more in need of it than I was.) Did I mention that the yarn was TWO DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS a skein? Yeah. That's right. And, fight against it though I might, I bought green. I had three options, and I love green, but I ALWAYS do green, and the sample was knit in green (I'm usually determined to not knit the item as photographed)....but Jim, one of my gurus, gave me several very good reasons to do it in that color. I can't fight Jim. So that'll be a green Hourglass...and a green Central Park...and my green Odessa...and my teal Picovoli. I must do something different.

I'll have something finished.....someday.....

(Can I talk about Project Runway for a minute? I HATE the producers. I HATE that the show relies so strongly on "good TV" for its in-out decisions. Vincent is freaking worthless as a designer, and he's effing creepy as hell to boot - and I wish he hadn't said his own dress "gets me off" like four times because that further convinced me that the guy was one skein short of a sweater. But Alison? She was all that was goodness and light in the world. She was like sunshine and puppies, with fabulous fashion sense. I hate the producer-driven voting process. Eck. Oh, and did anyone notice that Vincent, in the same breath, said that his dress, "...gets me off...it's like a child's finger painting!" Oh my God. Ew. Ew ew ew. Get him out of here.)