Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Uh-Oh.

Shipped and on its way:

Knitpicks: Eight skeins of sock yarns and two sets of smaller DPNs. (Note: I don't like how long Knitpicks takes, even if the shipping IS free - I ordered last Monday and I'm still waiting. I also am not terribly crazy about how their Memories yarn stripes, but I do love how soft and washable it is, so I'm letting it slide and ordering more.)

eBay seller: A bunch of DPNs - about 50 - to sort and enjoy.

eBay seller: A bunch of straights/circulars/DPNs to also sort and enjoy (I need variety in my needle collection - I mostly have bamboo and my interchangeable set, which I'm not totally in love with.)

KYarns: Two skeins each of two colours, Lorna's Laces. One skein, Mountain Colours Bearfoot. Two skeins, Koigu.

So that's....yeah, EIGHT pairs of socks. Not counting the several pairs' worth I have in the trunk already. I think it's safe to say socks are going to be an obsession for a while. Besides the Jaywalkers, I have plans for River Rapids and a few pair I spotted in my Nancy Bush book (though they're a bit more challenging.)

And there's that Greenwood Fiberworks cotton/lycra sock yarn that I'm itching for, but I'm waiting for her to put the perfect colour up for sale, and hopefully I'll get to it before Grumperina (who already has THREE perfect colours, and I'm green with envy. Actually, I'm pinks/lavender/raspberry with envy).

And I have a DK weight bamboo yarn that I really had earmarked for another project, but I'm just dying to at least swatch it for a sock and see if it would work...