Sunday, March 26, 2006

Woo. Hoo.

I have pictures!

I took some lovely thick-thin wool from Spunky Eclectic (obtained from KPixie)

Spunky Eclectic

And I turned it into the So-Called Scarf that I fell in love with on sight. (Next time I'll do it with something other than a thick-thin, which sort of obscures the nifty pattern.)

My So-Called Scarf

I also finished up the wrap for Becky (Travis' mom) and it's only a week late. (Her birthday was Sunday.)

Mom2's Wrap

Knit from a simple pattern in my Knitting To Go box - I did add the stripes, though, a timid first step into colourwork. (And I'll point out here that I did block it again after this photo in an attempt to straighten it out - the stripes aren't supposed to run diagonally, but the piece seems to kind of want to shift that way...)

My big "I'm purling wrong" moment happened somewhere in this lavender section here:

Revelation Moment

(Shown on the wrong side because I think even the wrong side comes out kinda pretty in this pattern.)

And finally (cue the trumpets)

Sox2

MY SOCK!!! I MADE THIS SOCK!!! I could not be prouder if I had built an entire house from the ground up with just my bare hands and a hacksaw. I finally found a pictorial sock helper (thank my stars for THAT site) and with the help of that and the DIY Network website and Knitty, I managed to struggle through my first sock adventure (from a pattern Kathleen provided as her first sock experience as well). I'm making them for Travis, and it even fit his foot! (Which is not much larger than mine, so I only have to make a few adjustments in order to start the next pair for me.)

Sox

I made a few rookie mistakes - I did a fairly decent job avoiding any laddering, although you can make out a bit up at the toe decrease. And I noticed a few dropped stitches when he tried them on, so I fixed that. But overall, I'm very proud of my sock. No Second Sock Syndrome either - I can't wait to cast on the next one!