Monday, August 11, 2008

Any Minute Now....

Whee! (ETA: Er, whoops - kind of misleading. I haven't sold everything yet - I've been added to the vendor list but my stuff hasn't been uploaded for sale just yet.)

This interview thing has been going around the Bloglands, and it intrigued me, so I hit Travis up in the car on a very grown-up excursion yesterday (bedroom furniture! curtains! pillow shams!) and here are the results:

Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?
Travis: I enjoy seeing you create something from nothing.

Me: What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?
Travis: Oh my GOD. It is in every facet of our lives.

Me: What is something I have knitted that you recall as being good?
Travis: Everything.
Me: Nothing more specific?
Travis: My sweater, my socks, your socks - the Bellocqs, to be more specific. (Ed. note: Yes, he used the actual pattern name.)

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?
Travis: No more expensive than anybody else. That doesn't include the knitting fanatics, though.

Me: Do you have any hobbies?
Travis: Yes.

Me: What are your hobbies?
Travis: Making you happy.
Me: Awwww.....yeah.

Me: If we compared money spent on hobbies, who would win?
Travis: You.
Me: Yeah, we both spend a lot of money on me. But I win.

Me: Has my knitting in public ever embarrassed you?
Travis: No.

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?
Travis: ....Sweet Georgia? Is that right?
Me: Hey, I do like that one. I don't know that I have a favorite, but I do love her stuff. Nicely done!

Me: Can you name another blog?
Travis: Ummm....come back to me on that one.
Me: Here's a hint: All the husbands name the same one.
Travis: Oh! Yarn Harlot. And Yarn.....Yarn Pirate....Megaknits....wait, is that her Ravelry name or blog?
Me: Blog too, yep.
Travis: I win. Wait, Wendyknits. Oh, and Aimee - what is hers?
Me: Fairieknits.
Travis: I KNEW THAT!

Me: Do you mind that I want to check out yarn stores everywhere we go?
Travis: Makes me crazy.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
Travis: Yes.
Me: What is it?
Travis: That's your gauge for knitting the project. Lets you know how many stitches per inch for whatever that you need. (Ed. note: I think it's worth mentioning that he sounded disgusted by the question - the tone of voice had a distinct "well, DUH" quality to it.)

Me: Do you read my blog?
Travis: No.
Me: *gasp*
Travis: Well, you usually tell me all that stuff in person!

Me: Have you ever left a comment?
Travis: Yes.
Me: Without reading it?
Travis: Is the question "Have I ever read it" or "Do I read it?" 'Cuz I have read it, but I don't keep up with it.
Me: Damn literal-minded mechanically-inclined types.

Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?
Travis: Hell no, we'd both still be lazy - if it weren't knitting, it'd be some other hobby!

Me: Is there anything you would like to add in closing?
Travis: I love you.