Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh, Right - 100%

Remember those socks I was knitting while reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

Deathly Hallows Socks

I forgot to ever talk about these again, huh? I only just wrapped them up today at lunch; it would have been way sooner, but I ruminated over the fact that one was too short, and decided that I really needed to rip out the toe and add some length...I'm glad I did.

Deathly Hallows Socks

The standard "look how bendy my feet are" shot. I like these pretty well - I'm definitely crazy about the colour, but I think I'd like the socks themselves more if I'd gone down a needle size or two for a denser fabric.

Deathly Hallows socks

"Deathly Hallows" Project Stats:
Yarn: Cider Moon Glacier in Cayenne colourway from The Loopy Ewe
Pattern: Me Wingin' It (with shaping)
Needles: US3 Crystal Palace DPNs (I think I would recommend US2 or US 2 1/2
Start: Friday, July 20 (book party)
Finish: Thursday, July 26 (at lunch)

I enjoyed adding the shaping; I enjoyed even more that I didn't royally screw it up like I usually do when I try to just toss shaping onto a sock willy-nilly.

Deathly Hallows Sock - Shaping

Now granted, I probably could have placed it higher...but to be perfectly honest, I hadn't planned on the shaping at all; I got to this point in the first sock and decided it was going to be too baggy around the ankle. They actually fit beautifully.

Okay, that's all I'll post for now; I'm a little off today. Really rough night last night, and totally bizarre day at work today, so it's definitely time for bed. I'm in a hurry to get to tomorrow evening; everything about our weekend plans so far promise total awesomeness.

Enter the contest! Remember, it's a random draw thing, so you don't gotta put too much thought into it. I've been loving reading the entries so far!!