Tuesday, October 24, 2006

In Case You Thought I Was Kidding...

I finished plying up those singles. You know how there's bulky yarn, then there's super-bulky? I think I need a third category. I'm calling this "hella bulky", 100 yards per metric ton. It was fun to spin, and good stuff, but MAN did I make the singles too big.

Presenting my completed hot mess of a plied yarn:

Handspun Hot Mess

To give you an idea of how huge this skein is, that's a REAL FULL-GROWN SHEEP! (Yeah, of course it's not....but still, it's a big skein.)

Okay, this next one is vaguely less embarassing:

Handspun Spindled Single

About 100 yards spindled from Spritely Goods batt, maybe fingering weight? Laceweight in places? Purdy stuff to spin. Love it.

What's that? You want to see my handdyed yarn again? Skeined? Okay...if you insist:

2 Skeins of Koigu (Handpainted:

Oh, and like I said, I did swatch it:


Yep. I love it.

Gratuitous lamb-n-handspun shot?

Handspun Spindled Single

(Not a crazy beanie-baby lady....I just love lambs.)

A friend is having her birthday dinner tonight at Cheesecake Factory. I doubt she'll stumble on here between now and then....wanna see somethin'? She's a belly dancer, and they get all those awesome accessories, like armbands and jingly hip scarves.....and crazy hair falls with dreads:

Marcie's Dreads

There's all KINDS of crap in there....some leftover bits of silk, cashmere, Ozark Handspun, sari silk, Noro Blossom, Hanah silk ribbons, some roving I natted up and dyed with Kool-Aid....i-cords, twisted cords, braids, felted i-cords....I dig the way it all turned out. And it was a fun project - kind of like knitting, but with a punk twist.

'Kay, I'm done.