Saturday, September 30, 2006

What Knitting?

Oy.

I have made masterful progress on my Swallowtail Shawl. I wish I was done with it, but frankly I'm knitting it very slowly. I had a slow start, having to tink an awful lot, and now that I'm finally getting the hang of it, I'm enjoying it too much to fly through it. I should have it finished this weekend or shortly thereafter....provided I don't run out of yarn. I'd show a progress photo, but it really just looks like a wrinkly lump right now. I want her to have the proper attention.

I reluctantly used a dust mop to pick up massive clumps of filth from the hardwood floors cleaned a bit today. My version of cleaning is usually quite perfunctory. We have dust kitties (or rather, dust roosters) everywhere, thanks to my favourite long-haired guy. (Travis swears we'll never have another ragdoll, I swear we'll have 20 ... this could get ugly.) None of the animals pay much attention to the cleaning process....except Rooster. My least passionately despised favorite part of cleaning is sweeping up the dust roosters. Roo follows my every step, glaring at me with ardent distaste. If he could talk, I know he'd be saying, "You know, I worked REALLY hard on those." He especially hates it when I clean the stairs...you can practically HEAR him forcing himself to shed all the way up. Then he inevitably stands directly in front of my knitting room and glares at me. "Go ahead," I know he's thinking, "open this up. We'll see how you like it when I mess up something you put effort into!!"

In case you think I'm making up this disdainful face:

Rooster hates me

"You disgust me."


(The flash created the evil red-eye. But even without it, he's still lookin' pretty peeved.)

(Oh, and that's not filth on my floors, by the way. Well, not anymore. The specks are paint. Apparently the previous owners had a different idea of what "lovingly restored" means. I might have thought it would mean "threw some dropcloths down on the 85 year-old floors before flinging paint at the walls," but ... nah.)

Okay....I'll come back when I have something fiber-related to show you.

(PS: The previous post, the one with all the pattern links - it's now in the sidebar in the "I Am" section. And to the contest winners: Yarns are on their way!)