Sunday, March 04, 2007

More Finished Stuff

I got my second skein of Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky yesterday, so last night when I finished the Halley's Comet hat (more on that in a second), I cast on for that triple-cuff Zhivago-inspired hat.

Triple Cuff Hat

Okay, the way I have it folded here, it's kind of a cuff-and-a-half hat. But it's fluffy and soft and warm, and I love it!

Triple Cuff Hat

Project Stats:

Pattern: Triple Cuff Hat, Winter '06/'07 Vogue
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky (50% wool; 50% alpaca)
Needles: Size 15 Addi bamboo 16" circular; size 15 Brittany birch DPNs
Start Date: March 3, 2007
Finish Date: March 4, 2007

Triple Cuff Hat

I cast on fewer stitches than called for, and adjusted the length a bit to account for a different gauge. I'm very happy with the final result.

Triple Cuff Hat

Oh, about that Halley's Comet hat. Yeah, umm....so silk can stretch out like crazy when you wet it. (You knew that, I knew that, and yet....) Now it's not so much a hat as a really soft bucket on top of my head. Any ideas for what I can do to shrink it back up? All I've got in mind is to throw it in the dryer and cross my fingers.

Embossed Leaves Sock; Mata Hari Sock

Here's the two socks I've completed; I'm working on the match for the purple sock right now. The one on your left is the Embossed Leaves sock from Winter 2005 Interweave, knit from Posh Yarns in the Scuffle colorway (which I got from The Loopy Ewe - none available now, I'll link when it's back). The one on the right is the Mata Hari sock from Craftoholic, knit from Cherry Tree Hill in one of their potluck colorways (which turned my needles purple - it's okay, makes them distinctive.) It's my first time knitting with both these yarns, and I'm a big fan of both now. I'm knitting both on size 1 needles, of course.

Go knit!! (And if you have any tips about that silk hat, please pass them on to me!)