Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Random Stuff About Me - Obeying, Part 1

My SP hostess is awesome - she hosts these contests, but they're also great "get to know your pal" opportunities - so here's mine, and hopefully my pal will be posting hers too! A few of my favorite things.....

(Nothing's ever easy with me....so I bet I can't keep the answers short!!)

Actor: Ian McKellen is the first one to come to mind. I'll see anything with him in it - I just think he's stone cold brilliant. There are a lot of other actors I enjoy for pure entertainment value, too.

Actress: Hilary Swank, probably. I admire that she takes roles outside the Hollywood girl standard.

Animal: A liger. Bred for its skills in magic. (Heh.) I always wanted a hedgehog. And I liked stuffed lambs as a kid.

Band: U2. (Bunches more, but that's the top.)

Beverage: Hot tea, or sweet iced tea. (Ahh, the south.) And I love bubble tea. Yeah, pretty much anything with the word "tea" in it.

Book: Fast Food Nation, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, anything by David Sedaris (I'm seeing him this weekend!), and especially anything by Kurt Vonnegut.

Bubble Bath: You know, it's a great concept, and I love having candles and bubble bath on hand, but I hardly ever actually take any. Sometimes when I'm really bummed, Travis will draw me a lavender-scented bath.

Candy: Unusual stuff. I love chocolates with strange flavorings - wasabi, rose, lavender, hot pepper, stuff like that.

Color: For what? Clothing, vehicles, residences, yarn? I love so many colors - I wear a lot of blues/greens/blacks/browns. I love bright colors though - not neon, just vibrant. And my house is decorated in neutrals with deep bright accent colors - blood reds, cobalt blues...

Flower: Here again...oodles. I love orchids, lily of the valley, calla lilies, peonies, hydrangea, dahlias...

Food: Thai or Mexican or Italian or sushi. Probably like Thai the most though. I LOVE spicy food.

Lip Balm: I carry Burt's Bees with me everywhere, and I have one in my desk at work, too. And there's a rose salve by my bedside, which I put on at night. And in the winter, I put Mentholatum on my lips before bed - I find it helps prevent chapping.

Lotion: If I ever run out of lotion, it means the world has no more lotion in it. Oddly, I hardly ever use it. But there's lotion EVERYWHERE. I don't have a favorite, although I seem to favor citrus and minty scents.

Movie: Don't get me started. I have dozens. Mary Poppins, anything by Kevin Smith, Shaun of the Dead, Tim Burton flicks (particularly the animated ones), Wallace & Gromit, Million Dollar Baby, Clue, Monty Python anything, Princess Bride, Fight Club, Office Space, Apt Pupil...oh, I give up.

Song: There are tens of thousands of songs on my iPod. They're all my children...I couldn't just pick one. (Travis and I have about 18 songs to choose from if we get married - we don't have just "our song", we have an entire CD.)

TV Show: You're killin' me. Boston Legal, Nip/Tuck, Scrubs, My Name Is Earl, The Office (US - I keep trying the UK version and I just can't get into it), Heroes, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, The Simpsons, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model (don't you judge me), Lost...but I really do try to avoid watching too much TV!!! I just keep getting hooked on stuff.

Vacation Spot: There are so many places I love going. Asheville, NC; Seattle; Taos, NM; NYC; Victoria, BC....I love traveling, and I love going to new places and trying new things.