Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Live, From Spoiled-Rotten Central!

Okay, there's a whole lot of drool-worthy fibers in this post. Don't say I didn't warn you.

First, I weighed my shawl and teensy scrap of leftover yarn to see if the skein had been short (then I'd be able to go back to Handmaiden and ask for a kickback). I couldn't figure out how I could have run out of yarn.

In the interest of exonerating Handmaiden and Fleece Artist:

Seasilk Shawl

You win, Handmaiden. I suck.

Next! Here is the latest - so yummmmy......

Luxe Neckwarmer

Luxe Neckwarmer Click either for detailed view. Luxe Neckwarmer

Project Stats:

Pattern: Luxe Neckwarmer from Knit 2 Together
Yarn: Handmaiden Cashmere 8-Ply (I'm on a Handmaiden roll!)
Needles: Size 9 Addi Turbo circs
Started: October 2 (just the cast-on and a couple of rounds)
Finished: October 3 (This could easily be a night-of-TV knit.)
Changes/Thoughts: Just knitted til I ran out of yarn. Even if it did take me eons to do, I loved the cable cast-on. I don't use that one much - I usually do the long-tail 'cause it's quick, even though it's not the best choice. Great quickie pattern - not sure how useful it'll be in Florida, but it's the perfect way to use a precious skein with limited yardage (80m).

In case the Sea Silk shawl and the cashmere neck warmer doesn't make me look fiber-snobby enough (and I assure you it's normally much cheaper around here):

Today's Delivery

Check out what Alyson found in her post office box today, baby. There you have four skeins of Tilli Tomas in Ruby Wine from Sarah's (there's a pattern in Knit 2 Together I've already earmarked for this yarn). And of course, because I'm hooked, more Handmaiden Sea Silk - in Ocean and Autumn - from Colorsong Yarns. I've spent the last fifteen minutes just dragging all this stuff across my face. (And sniffing. I admit it - I'm a sniffer.)

If that's not enough, Sarah sent along a color card or two. Or eight. Lambs, merinos, silks, cashmeres, silk/wool blends, silk/cashmere blends...

Color Cards

This is what we call "enabling," boys and girls. Can you say that? E-N-A-B-L-I-N-G.

Ugh....I'm off to cut up my debit cards and cancel my Paypal account before it's too late.