Tuesday, October 03, 2006

FO, FO, I Have An FO!!!

But it's not the FO I'd planned on...that'll be tomorrow's post.

When we last saw our hero....

Old bind-off

Shortly after this photo cuts off, so does the yarn for the bind-off. But it's lookin' pretty good up to there, eh?

Nupp close-up

I love those nupps! (And they weren't nearly as difficult as I was expecting - just a p5tog, not so bad after all!)

I can fix it!!

Look at me! I'm happy! I'm binding off, without buying another skein of yarn! Aija clued me in to the ol' crochet cast-off. Um...duhr! You'd think it might have occurred to me at some point...but nope! Thank goodness for her!

Done, new bind-off

Okay, I don't have the same flexibility in the edges, but I think it'll block out pointy enough. And if it doesn't....well, I hate to be like this but.....it ain't me who's gonna be wearing it!! (I think it's gorgeous either way.)

All finished!

(The color's off in the above photo, but the pattern definition is good.)

Project Details
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk in Capri
Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl from Fall '06 Interweave Knits
Needles: Size 6 Susanne's Ebony circ
Start: September 10
Finish: October 3 (officially)
Changes: Due to the yarn shortage, I removed the last two rows of the lace edging, then changed the bind-off and did the crochet cast-off instead. (And yes, I do plan to block the thing, I just figure it might be a while, so I wanted to post the stats before I forget them.)

Thoughts on the pattern - uh, LOVED IT! If there weren't 47 other things I was planning to knit in the next month, I'd love to knit it again.

Finally: this cracks me up. 'Tis the season for my favorite kind of ice cream, which I can't find any time other than Christmas...and turns out that I've been eating it all wrong. See the serving suggestion:

Scarf it down - ha!

Get that? Alright, I gotta go - time to knit a scarf for my ice cream.