Thursday, June 01, 2006

New Favourite!!!

I LOVE PURE KNITS!!

From the moment I opened the box and saw all that delicious ribbon and tissue paper, I knew it was love.

IMG_1863

I love brown and pink - probably my favourite colour comination - and isn't it wonderful how Yahaira ties up each bag with that beautiful ribbon?

IMG_1869

(Both batts have firestar added - you can really make out that beautiful firestar in the green batt if you pull up the larger picture - just click to see larger version.) And there was a handwritten note (always a wonderful touch) and samples - the way to my heart. Note to self - order some Fable Handknit baby alpaca. (It was like buttah, I tell you.)

So how did I spend the evening? By turning my Spritely Goods batt into (kinda) yarn.

IMG_1873

I'll be honest, I hated spindling at first. But I was watching the Spelling Bee National Finals on ABC (CHICKS ROCK!), and that propelled me forward. And if all those kids can spell all those difficult words, I can spin yarn. And I came to love it. So much so that my hands had to let me know:

IMG_1874

And by the time I was done for the evening...

IMG_1875

Not bad. Oh, and I found the "Don't Suck" button on my camera - finally I can take photos with decent definition (but I chose not to use the flash, so it's a bit blurry). None of these pictures shows the true colours quite right - it's a sort of bright salmon and orange, with that delicious sparkly Firestar added. When I touch the batt, I'm not sure I'm touching anything, that's how airy and light and soft it is.

IMG_1877

Oh, and there's more. Wait for it...

Wait...

Wait...

As of today...Pure Knits carries MALABRIGO!!! AND for $11, which is $1.00 less than the usual MSRP. That's right...and I hate to call you out personally, but Rene, I think it's time. All the planets have aligned to provide you with one wonderful place to get started spinning and Malabrigo-ing. (And did I mention the cashmere sock yarn???)