Friday, September 12, 2008

HoffPosh For Prez!!

Without firing up a whole huge political debate that's blog-inappropriate, I gotta say it:

I have heard a lot of deluded things in my day - frequently coming out of the big hole in my own face - and while geographical proximity to a foreign country equalling foreign policy experience IS pretty rich (don't you know W. is looking at Texas and Mexico on a map and muttering, "damn, now why didn't I think of that?") this one beats even that. With regard to being ready to take over the presidency:

"I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can't blink..."

Unabashed self-confidence and an inability to blink, really? Fine, then I hereby nominate David Hasselhoff and Victoria Beckham to office! I'm not making fun of the politician or making a statement, please don't tell me what a saint the person is or anything...just, I had to take that opening because, I mean, that's a hell of an interesting qualification. Hence my nomination. I even have the bumper stickers all planned out:

Hoff: Deluded Enough To Lead.

Posh: Botoxed Enough To Take Over.