Sunday, April 20, 2008

On The Twelfth Day of Sweater

I finished the sweater and got to wear it twice during the brief "cold front" here this week! Yay! Then I finally got around to taking some decent photos of it, once it got back up to over 80 degrees. (Clever, aren't I?)

What's that over there?

I'm happy with it overall - I could have used some patience and made it just about a half inch to an inch longer, but I'm still quite pleased.

What's that back there?

I think I like the way it looks from the back even better!

What's that out there?

This was a very quick knit - with a bulky (the label says worsted, but forget that) yarn and size US10 needles, it wasn't really tough to finish this in less than two weeks. Probably could have done it even faster if I hadn't been dyeing yarn and cooking in between. Oh, and working. I do that sometimes.

Mr. Jay says I overthink my poses

Well, now I'm just being silly.

Pattern: Cozy V-Neck Pullover by Stefanie Japel (from the book Fitted Knits)
Yarn: Mirasol Sulka
Needles: US10
Size: XS (36.5")
Start: April 2
Finish: April 14
Mods: Made the neckline a bit deeper, didn't change needle sizes for ribbing, started the ribbing sooner on the body than pattern stated, adding bust darts, knit sleeves cuff up and grafted to caps....nothing really major, mostly just accommodating for my body type and how I prefer to knit.

Since I'm on a garment kick, I've already started my next one, the Silken Cowl Tank by Zoe Valette from Sensual Knits in Tilli Tomas Pure & Simple silk:

Progress 4/19/08

(I've made modifications to work it in the round to the armholes, then I'll split and work the rest flat on each side.

And Travis, however briefly, managed to rig up a working electric skeinwinder:

Electric skeinwinder, Prototype B

Adjustments may be needed, but there's definite progress. My little evil genius.

Also, we got a good shot of Rambouillet's most adorable feature, with Travis assisting to keep her a little more still than she wanted to be - she kept trying to jump up and snuggle or rub my chin, so I couldn't get a picture of her face. I swear he's not strangling her:

Rambouillet in peril

She has black whiskers on one side and white whiskers on the other! Argggghcute!

Finally, I updated the shop with some new sportweight yarns - here's a few thumbnails of some favourites, click for big or visit the shop:

La Nouba Heart of Darkness Sky Is Cryin' Drink The Milkshake Malachite

Happy knitting!