Friday, January 25, 2008

Typical Friday Fare:

So, as noted in yesterday's post (thank you for all your support, either by being appalled or by wondering why I thought it looked bad,) I have been very busy with the spinning. Since I've had nothing else of consequence to show off, why don't I just inundate you with handspun?

There Goes Alice

There Goes Alice

A bulky/superbulky blue-faced leicester yarn with mohair and angelina that I spun for my Funky Junkie swap pal. (Wool fiber by Funky Carolina, other stuff dug out of the stash.)

Swizzle

Swizzle

A twee little 50-yard skein from a Loop batt - I've had this one spun for ages and only recently decided that I like it.

Taffeta, Darling

Taffeta, Darling

A 145 yard skein of several wools, some bamboo and silk, and a bit o' nylon - spun from a batt prepared by Traveling Rhinos.

Curried

Curried

An 85 yard bulky skein with just about every fiber you can imagine - another delightful batt from Traveling Rhinos. I received and spun this one on the same day - I love her batts for relatively-instant gratification yarns; they make great funky singles and art yarns.

Aegean

Aegean

Navajo-plied, about 285 yards of a sport weight self-striping yarn in superwash merino from The Sweet Sheep.

And finally,

Parnassus

Parnassus

I couldn't resist just one tribute to Heath. I'm sure he'd love that his yarn is pink and purple. (At least I didn't name it Ennis.) So this one's named in tribute to his very last project. It's a 285 yard skein of sportweight superwash merino, fiber also from The Sweet Sheep.

So there you have it. That's where I've been. Is it any wonder that Rooster has taken to sleeping on the treadles - he's probably sick to death of hearing the whir of the flyer! (At least Travis has managed to tweak out most of the wheel's ticks, squeaks, knocks, and rattles - my hobby was becoming a real annoyance to those around me.)

(As you can guess, there's hopefully a big shop update coming in the next couple of weeks.)