Friday, January 18, 2008

Are You Kidding?

Dudes. I woke up at FOUR in the MORNING. (I'll make a great mother, apparently, because I can hear a cat barf from across the house.) Normally I'd manage to clean it up (and by clean it up, I mean shove Travis out of bed to do it because he can recover to sleep mode from just about anything) and get right back to sleep. However, this morning? Not so much. It didn't help that after Indiana did her sick thing, Rooster jumped up on the bed, curled up on my arm, sneezed on my neck twice, and then settled for sleeping on my face. Yeah, forget it, I'm up.

I've managed to do some things I've been putting off (for no good reason and to horrible effect, as I frequently wake up at odd hours of the night and morning with stomach acids letting me know that I do not deserve rest so long as I continue to fail to complete X, Y, and Z tasks) and now I'm even pondering getting my knitting room cleaned up. Or do I go back to sleep?

Crap, the first alarm just went off. I could still get another hour....

ETA: PS: Oh, THAT'S what it is. In the past four hours or so, my body has increasingly been reminding me that it's been fighting off a cold bug and it's out of battle resources - I'm not horribly ill yet, but I know my immune system, so I want to get it handled before I'm completely out of white cells and go fetal. Doctor's visit later this morning, then sleep, glorious sleep....