Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oy. Vey.

And thus ends festival season. Well, kind of. There's still the Orlando Needleworks thing, and I just heard about one in Destin, though I'm not sure when that is....but in any event.

SAFF was great. Successful, fun, nervewracking as hell, but filled with awesome people and fun events. (Would you believe that I didn't even MAKE IT to the Ravelry meet-up??!!) The workshops I taught were a resounding success, in that no one asked for a refund, I didn't throw up in a corner, and several people actually got a little sock out of it. (And it is SO FREAKING EXCITING to see people get jazzed about knitting and socks. When one of my workshoppers finished the heel turn and exclaimed, "SWEET!!", I almost leapt for joy. Actually, I might have actually done so.)

There will be much pictures and other stuff, but we just got back last night close to 1:00 a.m. and I'm fortunate to even be semi-upright. I just wanted to say hi. I missed you guys.

Oh, and I'd like to say "Go Sox!!" While I'm at it, let me share this little exchange between Travis and me yesterday morning:

Travis: So it was the World Series between the Red Sox and the Rockies, right?
Me: Yep.
Travis: Well, do you get it?
Me: Wha?
Travis: Sox. Rockies. Socks. Rocks. It was the SOCKS THAT ROCK WORLD SERIES!!
Me: Oh. Oh my God. Oh my God God. That's amazing. Oooh, I wonder if anyone has picked up on that yet. (Ed. Note: Stupid no-internet-no-blogines week.)
Travis: Blog it! And make sure you give me credit! I came up with that!

I can haz Travis. :-D