Monday, May 28, 2007

Et Voila!!

Bellocq 5/28

Here they are!! Ribbons and all, blocked and ready to wear! I have garters to help hold them up, although the ribbons help a lot - and they look good!!

Bellocq 5/28

I would love to show you modelled shots, but - well, you don't need to know me THAT well, do you? I'll be sure to get our photographer (one of the best - that was my splurge) to take some really fantastic shots without getting all icky, and I'll share those.

Bellocq 5/28

Project Stats:
Pattern: Bellocq Stockings by Marnie MacLean for Stitch Diva
Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Rose Quartz, two skeins and about a third of a third skein
Needles: Size 1 Crystal Palace DPNs, size 2 Crystal Palace DPNs, and size 2 16" Addi Turbo circular (which is larger than the CP size 2 DPNs)
Extras: Hanah silk ribons and a pearl for trim
Start Date: March 23, 2007
Finish Date: April 19, 2007 (stocking #1), May 27, 2007 (stocking #2)
Pattern Notes: I knitted the size tall medium. The changes I made to the pattern were negligible; I changed up the thigh shaping a bit to suit my own needs.

Bellocq Progress 5/28

I'm so happy to have them done and looking so good. I could have been happier with them if the pooling hadn't been so bad...but I'll survive.

Bellocq with something blue

And I had to have a little something blue, right? My last order from my favorite stitchmarker Etsy shop included this little barely-blue freshwater pearl marker. She includes a little giftie with the orders, and this was my giftie - as soon as I saw it, I knew I was going to have to include it in the stocking - I slipped it onto the yarn before I did the three needle bind-off. I'm trying to include as many of my favorite artists as I can!

And there's a little matter of a contest to tie up - several people wagered guesses of May 27th, but the one who got closest to my actual completion time (5:15 p.m.) was Irene! Irene guessed 4:30, so she'll be receiving a skein of Socks that Rock in Rose Quartz and a copy of the Bellocq pattern! Congratulations Irene - I'll be emailing you!

And now that I have completed my birthday present to me, back to work on the groom's stocking!

(PS: Nah, 28 doesn't feel any different...still lying here on the couch in my jammies, knitting and watching an all-day marathon - except this time it's CSI.)