Monday, May 15, 2006

Hi. My Name Is Alyson. And I'm A Sockaholic.

Okay, that's it, I'm callling a halt to ALL sock yarn purchases in this household. (You like how I make it sound like Travis, Brodie, and Indiana are contributing to my overabundance of fingering-weight?)

I'd almost forgotten about them, and today I received these:

IMG_1805

Lisa Souza Sock! and Sock! Merino (which is so soft and cushy, and I cannot stop squishing the skein). Sweet Georgia Superwash Sock and Speed Demon (much to my surprise, the iffy skein I purchased because I wasn't sure I didn't want it - Dragon, the green - is my runaway favourite). Please note that Sweet's Chinois and Lisa's St. Valentine are similar enough reds as to prove that I do have a quantifiable sock yarn illness.

So my sock shelf now looks like this:

IMG_1807

That wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that I have completed, ah, THREE pairs of socks in my knitting life. Oh, no, that's untrue - it's three pairs plus my half-pair of Jaywalkers. Still...the fact that I have 25 skeins I haven't started yet and two more on the needles...yipes.

But just swearing off sock yarn may be too drastic. Maybe I'll just promise do my best to avoid purchasing any more for a while....

(Please note that is the same promise I made to myself four days prior to my Saturday blitzkrieg on Sip & Knit.)

Le sigh.